Wednesday, August 18, 2010

GUYS ONLY: If your girlfriend asks you to......?

.......go shopping for bikini, lingerie, pads, and other ';female personal'; items, would you feel embarrassed. Assuming that the store you're entering are predominantly females. For example, Victoria Secret.





......So my question is, would you make up an excuse to escape shopping. If so, what would your excuse be in that situation.





......Or, are you a guy who's comfortable enough to shop for lingerie with your girlfriend, WHILE other girls stare at you like a dirty perv. Yeah, I admit. I'm one of those girls who HATE seeing guys looking at bikinis and lingerie, even if he's with his gf. It makes me VERY uncomfortable. That actually happened to me today.





GIRLS: How would you feel if you see a guy looking at lingerie (with his gf) while you're shopping for undergarments?GUYS ONLY: If your girlfriend asks you to......?
i'm a girl, just to get that part of the question out of the way.





it doesn't bother me seeing guys in victoria's secret or the lingerie or bathing suit departments of stores. occasionally i will even see a guy shopping by himself, but i don't know his life, and for all i know he's either buying for a girlfriend/wife or buying for himself. (i'm not trying to joke, i'm just trying to put that perspective out there incase people haven't considered that there are actually people in the world who don't subscribe to their societal gender norms or socially assigned genders.) when i see couples shopping together, if nothing else, i feel that it's considerate. i mean, let's be honest... no girl wants to go out of her way to buy lingerie only to find out that it isn't really a style/fit/cut that her lover finds attractive, right? who buys lingerie just for kicks? you buy it so you can show it to someone. i'm wondering what part of seeing guys shopping with their girlfriends for intimates makes people uncomfortable? is it that he's a man in a store designed for women? what about gay guys shopping with their girl friends? they're men too. is it the fact that you know they are probably going to have sex later (if it is a couple)? if it's the latter, do you have a problem seeing a lesbian couple shopping together?





all i'm saying is, people are going to do what they feel suits their relationship, and for some people that includes shopping for lingerie or bikinis together. some romantic relationships are also very deep friendships, and who better to ask an opinion of than your best friend? i would suggest that you try to think of them that way instead - as not just lovers, but friends - and it may make it easier for you to see them together in stores like victoria's secret.GUYS ONLY: If your girlfriend asks you to......?
I'm a girl, but I'm answering anyway.





My husband has bought my ';female sanitary supplies'; since just a few months after we met (admittedly, we did live together within 6 weeks, but still). He was never embarrassed by it. Pads, deodorant, beauty supplies, he doesn't care. It's all the same to him.





However, he gets embarrassed picking up my held books at the library, the ones about Jack the Ripper. It's hilarious. He acts guilty, like he's studying them instead of picking them up for me.
I wouldn't care


Many girls care for their guys opinion on their lingerie,not my problem or issue,and guys like lingerie and find it a turn on,so if it's on a rack/hanger or whatever,why would i care.


I mean i understand why you could feel uncomfortable,cause there are those perverted guys who hang around those places for god knows what
When I am in Victoria's Secret, my man stands outside the place. When buying my pads and tampons he don't mind doing that. I think if I am the only female in the store, he might look at the lingerie with me, but if there are more females in the store he won't.
You mean, like go out and buy those things for them?


I would feel a bit embarrassed if I didn't enter the store with another girl.





But I wouldn't make excuses. I'm secure enough in my own masculinity to be able to shop for female person items.
I do whatever I have to (within reason) to get the ';tootsy';. If that means spending a little time helping her pick out a teddy I'll really like, so be it. And in so doing, I'd be oblivious to gawkers. After all, I'm the one getting the bootay that night, not the gawker.
um no i go into victorias secret all the time, usually w/ my gf and a group of her friends





you got a problem if u cant handle a guy being in there
I'm not embarrassed or don't come up with excuses what so ever, I just don't shop for women, It's my motto. Ain't gonna happen. Unless it's the grocery store, the chick is on her own.
I'd be happy to shop for lingerie. And the over-sensitivity of people like you to things like this is something I'll never understand. You talk as if you can dictate where the guy's allowed to be.
Last time my girlfriend dragged me into Victoria Secret I was so pleasantly surprised by the store and hotness of the women in there I applied for a job , didn't get it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment