Friday, August 20, 2010

Losing your best buddy because of his Girlfriend . .?

THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION AND I APPRECIATE ALL THOSE WHO WILL TAKE THE TIME TO ANSWER





I'm trying to get more opinions as possible in order not to mess things up more than they already are, so here's the story. (My Friend name will be Mark and his Girlfriend Mary)





So at thebeginningg me and mark were really enemies, we uses to hang out with the same group of friends but always ended up fighting we sometimes also tried to beat each other up. During the last two years we became really gr8 friends, something which I can't explain how it happened. We're always at each others house, call each other many times a day and send sms, we're very caring of each other. A year ago or so my friend Mark started dating Mary a girl which I already knew and unfortunately we were never on good terms. Mary started making things difficult between us to and tried several times to break up ourfriendshipp always without success. She always told mark to stop coming at my house and not to call me and stuff like that (Mark always kept coming and calling) she would always be annoyed when I called him and other things like that, in short she wanted the relationship between me and my buddy to end because she was jealous. It has been going like this for nearly a year, and mark can't handle it anymore now. Yesterday he broke up with her, when I tried to cheer him up, he told that he didn't want to discuss the issue coz at the moment he was feeling angry both at me and at Mary due to the fact that he felt too much pressure from both sides to end one relationship or another. I am being completely hones when I say that I never told him to break up with her, on the contrary I told him some time ago (more than once) that it would have been better for us (me and mark) to take some time away from each other coz our friendship was harming his relationship with mary and for me the most important thing was to see him happy, I never wanted him to feel bad as he is now andI knew that the situation was no longer bearable so I had decided to step down. At the moment mark speaks to both of us but has made it clear that he needs to take a decision and choose between the two. It find it something very ridiculous for a person to end up in such a situation to choose between your best buddy and your girlfriend. I've been feeling very bad over the last week, and especially the last two days.





Something which I did not mention is that I'm bi-polar and I really find it difficult to handle situations like these, and the pills seem that are not helping anymore. I fear that I will lose my best m8 ever, just because of his jealous girlfriend, when I did nothing wrong. I am not trying to talk him out of this decision coz I feel that he needs to decide by himself. thanks for all those who will take time to answer my question, I am literally desperate I don;t know what to do I don;t want to lose my buddy and I don't want him to break up with his girlfriend because, I just wish that she was never jealous and that his whole situation would have never happened.





Thanks once again.Losing your best buddy because of his Girlfriend . .?
Friends will come and go in your life. True friends will stand the test of time. Long behind jealous girlfriends, and meaningless fights. If your friendship was meant to be, you two will be friends.Losing your best buddy because of his Girlfriend . .?
Awh thats really sad,


I just felt bad coz i read your question and didnt no how to answer but then when no1 elce has answered i thought it would be nice, sorry if im not very helpful then X





I think you should write him a letter/e-mail/card saying your sorry for making things so awkward with him and Mary and you, and then tell him how you feel about it that you dont think that he should need to break up with her and that you just want him to be happy because you can make more friends.


I no men dont like talking about feelings so dont go on too much, just kinda let him no. Also u cud rremind him that your bi-polar and this is hard for you too.





U cud try just talking to him about it but it might be harder for u to come across right.





Hope i helped X
Go and speak to him and help him plan something romantic for his girlfriend to prove that you are on his side and don't want them to split because of you. If this works, ask him to set up a little 'meeting' at a cafe or something between just you and the girlfriend and explain that you are both in his life and that you don't want to make things difficult. Ask if there's anything particular that she feels you have done to upset her. Does he maybe have a hobby that she isn't interested in, so the two of you could do together?


Also, are you 100% sure that she has been trying to split you and your mate up. I remember once when I first got with a boyfriend I would tell my friends that he didn't want me to go out, because I didn't want to admit that I was soooo wrapped up with my new bloke that I just wanted to spend every second with him. Obviously, in time that wore off tho and things went back to normal.


She sound like a really needy girl and needs be proven to that you are not trying to take her guy away from her. It must be hard for you seeings you haven't done anything to suggest you will, but evidently your friend is not proving to her that he's all hers either.


You sound like a good friend, so stick with it.
you should try to talk to mary. ask her what her problem with you is. you have been friends for a longer time than she has been around. the three of you need to go out and have fun for mark.
Maybe you should write Mary and e-mail or something explaining to her that you don't want to mess up her relationship with Mark. It wasn't your intention. Explain to her that he is your best friend, and that she should respect that, even if she doesn't like you, it's not her life, and she should let him be friends with who he wants. Tell her that he's made his choice, to get used to it. That he appreciates your friendship more than he did the relationship, but if the two of you work in harmony it will make Mark really happy. If she truly cares about him, then she would realize that it's not just about her, that it's about him, and making his life completely happy. Isn't that what a girlfriend is for? Tell Mark that he can make the decisions he wants in his life, that it's up to no one else but himself. Things will work out fine, don't worry. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment