Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Would you put up with this from your girlfriend? (and how)?

My gf and I have been dating for just over 3 months. She is 21 and I am 28. From the very beginning her father told her that he did not approve of a relationship with me (age the biggest factor) and since then she has been dating me behind his back. Bear in mind he has never met me and shut down the opportunity when she asked him at the very beginning of our relationship.





This makes me very uncomfortable because she is basically living a lie. She is afraid of what her dad might say if he knew. She tells me loves me and lies to him because she loves me and wants to be with me.





Can one really have a healthy relationship like this? Is she showing immaturity or what? I know the lie burdens her and that she needs to get it off her chest. Any advice? I kinda feel like I'm being dicked with and that at the end of the day she should stand up for me but she isn't. I wonder if I should just end it.





I do care deeply about her and our relationship. She has said that she is afraid of what her father may say or do.





p.s. She is an only child, just graduated college and moved out of town for her first job.Would you put up with this from your girlfriend? (and how)?
she is a grown adult and can legally make her own decisionss.Would you put up with this from your girlfriend? (and how)?
Very bizarre that this is such a big deal when it sounds like she doesn't even live with her parents anymore, or even in the same town. I'm curious to know why her dad will not approve of you.





Yes, she is being very immature, but that comes with being 21.








** no offense intended to you younger folks out there!!!!
**** that sucks . parents can be so impossible!


she should tell her dad. If he loves her so much, after a while he should be able to accept it, dont you think?


i mean i know it would suck for her , but now it also sucks.
Tell her IDIOT father, you are dating HER! Not HIM!!!
Tell her to tell her father to go to hell.
Sounds heavy to me. Find another GF.
OMG you are the most caring boyfriend ever, No wonder she wants to stay with you regardless of what her father say's!


Let her know how much you care and that you really have her best interests at heart .... son her father might find out about how caring you are and learn to love you!


Depending on how cranky or scary her father is and how brave you are. it might b a good idea to speak with him. let him know how you feel and that you only have her best interests at heart and that you really genuinely care deeply for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment