Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is it true that sometimes a dream can make you open up your eyes and lose your prejudice towards a group?

Okay, so I am an Asian Indian guy. Looks wise I always found Asian Indian women to be beautiful. Currently I am a high school senior and I am in the deep south (been here for the past 5 years), soon I will be going to Yale. Must say, not a lot of women of my race in the deep south and the ones that are here are really really arrogant, snobby, stuck up, rude and very mean. Basically, except for my mother, aunt and a contact of mines on yahoo answers, I have had a very bad experience with Indian women.





Well for the past 5 weeks I have been in a relationship with a Latina, and I have been starting to hate Indian women little by little. When my girlfriend asked me how she compares to an Indian woman I told her ';look, I would pick you over some slum trash any day of the week';.





Now as far as I remember in my dream, I was basically standing and off in a distance I see a past version of myself. Well, somehow it was an incidence that happened when I fell and was knocked out, about 5 women (all Indian) were trying to revive me and many were panicking. After that it fast forwards and it shows a moment of when I won the award in New York and there was this Indian woman who patted me on the head and smiled at me. It then fast forwarded to my teenage years when I was walking with my head down and then it shows a girl picking it up and smiling at me (she too was Indian).


Thing is all of those events have happened in my life before and it was like in my dream I was standing off in a distance it was showing my past versions of myself. I woke up and almost cried for holding such racist views towards women of my own race, it made me contemplate.





Is it true that a dream can sometimes end the prejudice you may hold towards a certain group? Also by Indian I mean Indian from India.Is it true that sometimes a dream can make you open up your eyes and lose your prejudice towards a group?
Tolerance is something we learn. You are losing yours due to the ugliness of those you've met. The problem isn't terminal, however it seems that you are right and some of them are gold-diggers and only like you for your (future) success. So... you need to look at what you like in people, and care for those who genuinely care for you. They might be Indian or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment